Terms and conditions
Information and availability
While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content and materials on the Site (Content), to the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or suitability of any of the Content. The Content may be subject to change without notice and we do not undertake to keep the Site up-to-date. The Content is factual information only, is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. We also do not warrant that access to the Site will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses.
Intellectual Property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license the Content and all intellectual property rights (including any copyright, registered or unregistered designs, illustrations, artwork, patents or trade mark or logo rights and domain names) displayed or used on the Site (Our Intellectual Property).
We authorise you to access and use the Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and to display, print and download the Content onto your personal device provided that you do not remove any copyright notice included in Our Intellectual Property.
You must not use the Site, or any of the Content, for your commercial purposes, including, for example, to advertise your own business or for any other revenue generation activity and you must not use the Site, including the Content, in any way that competes with our business.
Subject to the above, your use of, and access to, the Site and the Content does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest to Our Intellectual Property. Unless otherwise permitted in these Terms, you must not:
(a) copy or use, in whole or in part, any of Our Intellectual Property;
(b) reproduce, retransmit, distribute, display, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of Our Intellectual Property; or
(c) breach any intellectual property rights connected with Our Intellectual Property, including altering or modifying any of Our Intellectual Property, causing any of Our Intellectual Property to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from Our Intellectual Property.
Nothing in the above clause restricts your ability to publish, post or repost Content or Our Intellectual Property on your social media page or blog, provided that:
(d) you do not assert that you are the owner of the Content or Our Intellectual Property;
(e) unless explicitly agreed by us in writing, you do not assert that you are endorsed or approved by us;
(f) you do not damage or take advantage of our reputation, including in a manner that is illegal, unfair, misleading or deceptive; and
(g) you comply with all other terms of these Terms.
Conduct we don’t accept
You must not do or attempt to do anything that is unlawful, which is prohibited by applicable law, which we would consider inappropriate or which might bring us or the Site into disrepute. This includes:
(a) anything that would constitute a breach of an individual’s privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other legal rights;
(b) using the Site to defame, harass, threaten, menace or offend any person;
(c) using the Site for unlawful purposes;
(d) interfering with any user of the Site;
(e) tampering with or modifying the Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with the Site, including using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with the Site;
(f) using the Site to send unsolicited electronic messages;
(g) using data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site; or
(h) facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts.
Content you upload
We encourage you to interact with the Site and with us on social media! You may be permitted to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit relevant information and content (User Content) on the Site. We may run campaigns via the Site and via social media that encourage you to post User Content on social media using specific hashtags (#) (Tag).
If you make any User Content available on or through the Site, including on social media using a Tag, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through or by means of the Site and our social media platforms.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through the Site, including on social media using a Tag. You represent and warrant that:
(a) you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms); and
(b) neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site (including on social media) will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
We do not endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, any User Content. We may, at any time (at our sole discretion), remove any User Content.
Third party sites
The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Unless we tell you otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites. We recommend that you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those websites. If you purchase goods or services from a third party website linked from the Site, such third party provides the goods and services to you, not us.
We may receive a benefit (which may include a referral fee or a commission) should you visit certain third-party websites via a link on the Site (Affiliate Link) or for featuring certain products or services on the Site. We will make it clear by notice to you which (if any) products or services we receive a benefit to feature on the Site, or which (if any) third party links are Affiliate Links.
Our liability is limited
You may have certain rights under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to the Site and the Content, and you may contact us for more information about this. Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), we exclude all liability for any loss or damage of any kind (including consequential loss, indirect loss, loss of profit, loss of benefit, loss of opportunity or loss of reputation) whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the Site or the Content.
The information we collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your date of birth;
- your credit card or other payment details (through our third party payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through, including through feedback, customer surveys or otherwise;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- details of services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, our website, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Sensitive information: is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information: The types of sensitive information we may collect about you include your driver’s licence. Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register your interest in being a landowner or investor, where you make a booking for renting a cabin, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services and website;
- to provide our Services to you, including to rent out cabins and to organise the booking of the cabin rentals;
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to contact emergency services, or to speak with your family, partner or support person where we reasonably believe there is a serious risk to the life, health or safety of you or another person and it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and other information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Sensitive information: We only collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information for the following purposes:
- any purposes you consent to;
- the primary purpose for which it is collected, being to determine your identity and to contact emergency services (see below);
- secondary purposes that are directly related to the primary purpose for which it was collected, including disclosure to the below listed third parties as reasonably necessary to provide our Services to you;
- to contact emergency services, or to speak with your family, partner or support person where we reasonably believe there is a serious risk to the life, health or safety of you or another person and it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Our disclosures of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, email marketing providers, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- emergency service providers to assist and address emergencies;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
We may store personal information overseas. Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Links to other websites
We may store personal information overseas. Where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may also store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide our Services to you and your use of our Services.
If you have questions about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. By providing your personal information to us, you agree to the collection, use, storage and disclosure of that information as described in this privacy collection notice.
In these terms and conditions a reference to:
- “Arrival Date” means the date specified as such in the Booking;
- “Little House Republic” or “little house” or “property” means the property operated by Little House Republic Pty Ltd;
- “Booking” means Your reservation for accommodation at Little House Republic;
- “Inappropriate Behaviours” means lighting fires during prohibited periods, destructive damage to wildlife, land or property, excessive noise, refuse to comply with Landowner instructions;
- “Landowner” means the owner of the property on which the Little House is located;
- “Rate or Tariff” means the price per night outlined in your Booking and is based on 2 people unless expressly provided otherwise;
- “Us, Our, We” means Little House Republic (ABN 15 652 407 059) of 1 Riverview Close, Bridgetown WA 6255
- “You or Your” means the person(s) named in the particulars of the Booking and includes any other person who participates in, is present at or attends the Booking;
- “Recreational Activity” means mountain bike riding, trail running, hiking, bush walking and any other sporting or recreational activities.
The self check-in/check-out nature of our Little Houses means there is no physical contact between guests and Little House Republic staff, and the isolated locations mean there is no interaction between our guests and others. This limits the risk of spreading any infection. With this in mind, we are able to continue operations with COVID-19 measures or restrictions in place, however regional travel bans may impact your ability to travel to the Little House in some cases.
While we are doing all we can on our end, our guests also have a responsibility to themselves and others to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19. To this end we ask that you:
- Follow the in house procedures;
- Follow recommendations of the WHO and Australian Government in relation to COVID-19;
- Let us know if you have been a close or casual contact of a confirmed case and need to be tested, isolate or quarantine – we will work with you to reschedule your stay to a later time;
- If you are required to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure as directed by Government/Health officials due to being a close or casual contact of a confirmed case or outbreak, you are NOT permitted to stay at a Little House Republic property during any period of your isolation or quarantine. Should you proceed with any booking and stay at the property in breach of your quarantine/self-isolation instructions, you will be charged additional cleaning fees to the credit card you booked with, and reported to the WA Police.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability if you contract COVID-19 during your stay.
If you have any questions or concerns or would just like some more details on how we are working through our processes to keep our properties safe for you, feel free to reach us at email@example.com
Preparation for Arrival
- You are responsible for your own safety and for following the Little House Republic House Rules. Little House Republic is not liable for bodily injury (including death) or damage to personal property, including vehicles, due to exposure to inclement weather or rural, rugged settings. By booking a Little House Republic property, you recognise and accept this responsibility and agree to read and follow the Little House Republic House Rules.
- You are expected to familiarise yourself with Little House Republic’s Terms and Conditions and get in touch with our team if you have any questions or concerns before arrival.
- You must have your own means of transport (vehicle) while staying at a Little House Republic properties. This is so that you can safely evacuate in case of emergency.
- You must be self-supporting for transport and mobility.
- Within 7 days of your arrival date, Little House Republic will provide You with the pre-arrival instructions to the email address provided on the booking form. On arrival at the property you will also be provided with the Little House Republic House Rules which you are expected to adhere to.
- You agree to follow the Supplied Route and to park your vehicles in the designated parking area (as defined in the pre-arrival instructions). A maximum of 2 vehicles are permitted in the designated parking area during your stay.
- You must not drive any vehicles off the Supplied Route. You will be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the Little House or property if your vehicles do not remain on the Supplied Route. You may incur a recovery fee should your vehicle need to be collected from anywhere outside of the Supplied Route.
- Should you be notified by the Little House Republic team to do so, in the event of inclement weather or deteriorated conditions of the Supplied Route, you must use any alternative route specified by Little House Republic and park in any designated alternative parking area specified by Little House Republic.
- Check in is from 3.00 pm and check out is from 11.00am.
Staying in the Little House
- During Your stay you must remain in the Designated Area provided on the pre-arrival instructions. You are not permitted to approach the Landowner’s Dwelling. In case of emergency, use the emergency details provided on the pre-arrival instructions.
- You acknowledge that you are staying on an active farm and/or working property on which normal farming practices are carried out. This includes but is not limited to: pest control, farm machinery operation, livestock movements, burning. You acknowledge that some of these activities may affect you and agree not to interfere with any of them.
- Campfires must be contained within the designated fire-pit, must be kept below knee-height and must not be left unattended. All fires must be extinguished by midnight. If there is a Fire Ban in place, you must adhere to the Fire Ban. Failure to adhere to the Fire Ban will result in immediate eviction from the Property. You will be liable for any loss or damage to the prpoerty resulting from the failure to adhere to the Fire Ban.
- Whilst on the property you must follow “gate rules”. Any gates opened by You must be closed directly after, any gates already open must be left open. Please be aware that the landowner may have livestock on the property that may escape through an open gate or may not be able to travel to a neighbouring paddock if a gate has been accidentally closed. You will be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the failure to close gates opened by you.
- You must not make excessive noise and play loud music at any time of day or night. All outdoor music and socialising must cease by 10 pm and be taken indoors with doors shut so that noise does not travel to neighbours.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the little house or on the property.
- The pre-arrival instructions and Little House Rules will contain instructions as to the use of the composting toilet. Failure to follow the composting toilet operating instructions will affect the compost operation and will result in a Cleaning Fee in circumstances where disposal is necessary or a Repair Fee to restore the toilet to normal operating standards. Little House Republic reserves the right to charge your credit card for Compost Cleaning and Repair costs.
- You agree to notify Little House Republic on arrival if any items in the property are damaged or not working.
- As the Property is on an active farm and/or working property it is not possible to ensure that the Property is safe for children. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on the Property unless stated otherwise or by prior agreement with Little House Republic. Children over the age of 12 must remain under adult supervision at all times.
- Pets are not permitted in the Property..
- While staying in the Little House a vehicle must remain parked at the Little House so that the occupants can evacuate the in case of emergency.
- You must be self-supporting for transport and mobility while staying in the Little House.
- You must take all your rubbish with You when departing the Little House and Property. Failure to do so may result in fees to remove the rubbish. Little House Republic reserves the right to charge your credit card for Rubbish Removal Fees.
- You agree to leave the Little House and Property by the Departure date and time.
- You agree to leave the Little House and Property in the same condition as when You arrived.
- You agree to notify Little House Republic of any damaged to the Little House and/or Property incurred during your stay.
- If you have left an item/items behind at the Little House that you need returned to you, you agree to pay for postage to have this returned to you via tracked Australia Post delivery. Due to the remote nature of our Little Houses, this process can take up to six weeks.
Deposits and Payment
- Payment of the total price of the Booking shall constitute Your acceptance of these terms and conditions. All such payments to Us must be made by You in Australian dollars.
- Upon receipt of Your payment, subject to availability and at Our discretion, We will record your Booking. A contract is only made between You and Us once your booking has been confirmed and accepted by Us.
Sale, Promotional and Special offer Tarriffs
- Any Booking made on a ‘sale’ or discounted Rate is made pursuant to special conditions that apply and take precedence to the extent of any inconsistency with these terms and conditions.
Subletting of Accommodation
- Bookings are provided to You and any guest(s) as named on the Booking. Bookings must not be sublet or resold by You or any associated guests without prior written consent from Little House Republic.
Cancellation and Changes
When You need to cancel or reschedule:
- Should You need to reschedule your booking, we require 8 days’ written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you need to reschedule with less than 7 days’ notice, we are unable to modify your booking.
- In the event of multiple reschedule requests from You, Little House Republic reserves the right to refuse and provide you with a gift voucher of the same value to rebook within the valid dates of the voucher period.
- If You wish to cancel your booking altogether, we require 14 days’ written notice to hello@Little House Republic.com.au. You will be entitled to a full refund, minus a $30 administration fee.
- Cancellation requests less than 14 days and up to 7 days from check-in time are entitled to a 50% refund minus a $30 admin fee.
- Under no circumstances we will reschedule or refund your booking should you wish to amend or cancel your stay after your booked date of arrival, if you arrive at the Little House late or depart early.
When Little House Republic needs to cancel or reschedule:
- Little House Republic reserves the right to cancel your booking at any time before or during your stay for any reason including but not limited to inclement weather; bush fire; act of God.
- In the event we need to cancel your booking, we will always endeavour to provide our guests with as much notice as possible and look to reschedule your stay as a priority. Should you wish to reschedule on a different day of the week to your original booking, there may be a difference in tariff that is payable.
- If we are unable to reschedule your booking to your satisfaction, you are entitled to a full refund, pro-rata.
Little House Republic House Rules
- You agree to follow the Little House Republic House Rules provided in Your Little House.
- You agree to follow the lawful and reasonable instructions of the Landowner particularly in relation to Inappropriate Behaviours. This extends up to and including vacating the Little House if You continue to exhibit Inappropriate Behaviours.
- You are solely responsible for your own belongings and We are under no obligation to replace or compensate, nor shall We be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of Your property being lost, stolen or damaged.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, direct or indirect loss including but not limited to loss suffered to property or person, damage, fatality, injury, psychological injury, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment or health related issue whatsoever during your stay at Little House Republic. You agree to fully and finally release and discharge Us from any liability, claim, action, right or entitlement whatsoever You have against Us whether known or unknown, whether accrued, contingent or inchoate arising out of, concerning or relating to your stay.
- Little House Republic is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from fires, cyclones, inclement weather or natural disaster.
- If You wish to claim any refund You must contact Little House Republic directly at email@example.com.
- If a condition or warranty cannot be excluded at law then You agree to the fullest extent permitted by law that Our liability for a breach of the condition or warranty shall be, at Our sole election, the re-supply or payment of the cost of re-supply of the relevant goods or services. All other conditions and/or warranties are expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You fully indemnify Us against any loss, liability, damage, action, demand, expense, claim, fine, charge or obligation which We have or may suffer or incur by reason of or in any way consequent upon, arising out of or incidental to the non-performance or non-observance of the obligations and liabilities imposed on You under this contract or by reason of or concerning or arising out of Your conduct, act or omission on or related to the Booking or your stay at Little House Republic.
- The limitations and exclusions contained in clauses 15 to 19 (inclusive) of these terms and conditions extend to the Landowner to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Recreational Activity – WAIVER, RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND INDEMNITY
- You confirm that You are aware of the hazards involved and acknowledge with the Recreational Activity there is always risk of injury, (including permanent injury, mental injury, paralysis and death) and damage to Your property. These risks, dangers, and hazards include, but are not limited to, the following: loss of balance; difficulty or inability to control one’s speed and direction; variation or steepness in terrain; rapid or uncontrolled acceleration on hills and inclines; mechanical failure in equipment; sudden changes or variations in the riding surface including rocks, gravel, cliffs, trees, roots, stumps, logs, sticks, lakes, rivers and creeks, and man-made structures such as bridges, ramps, berms and jumps; changes in weather conditions; exposure to temperature extremes or inclement weather; encounters with wildlife including: kangaroos, wombats, snakes, wallabies, and echidnas, etc; collision with pedestrians, motor vehicles, and cyclists; and becoming lost or separated from the group.
- You are encouraged and have been advised to wear at all times protective equipment such as the Australian approved bicycle helmet, gloves, eyewear and appropriate clothing for unpredictable weather conditions.
- You acknowledge that You must make Your own judgement on Your ability to undertake any Recreational Activity at a level that You are capable of. You certify that You are physically fit and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person that You cannot participate in the Recreational Activity. You agree that You may not be permitted to participate in the Recreational Activity if You are pregnant or affected by drugs or alcohol.
- You acknowledge that the Recreational Activity may be undertaken with one or more other persons as part of a group and that Little House Republic and the Landowner are not liable for the actions of other participants in the group activity. You will not engage in any reckless, negligent or foolish behaviour or any other behaviour that is likely to cause injury to Yourself, any other participant or person.
- You acknowledge that You voluntarily undertake the Recreational Activity on the Landowner’s property. You understand, accept and assume all risks associated with entering the Landowner’s property and undertaking the Recreational Activity.
- In consideration of being permitted access to the Landowner’s property and participation in the Recreational Activity, You agree to:
- WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Little House Republic and the Landowner from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other risks, claims or actions of any kind (including breach of contract, acts of negligence to the fullest extent permitted by law) whatsoever and however occurring, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of any such claim whether it is valid or not, which You at any time had or have as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, Your participation in the Recreational Activity; and
- INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Little House Republic and the Landowner from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, Your participation in the Recreational Activity.
- You acknowledge that You are responsible for Your own personal possessions and equipment during Your participation in the Recreational Activity.
- You understand and agree that in the first instance You are responsible for the provision of first aid to Yourself and those around You. You give Your consent to receive any first aid and medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the occurrence of an accident, injury and/or illness as a result of Your involvement in the Recreational Activity.
- You acknowledge that Little House Republic may have insurance covers public liability and You are responsible for Your personal accident insurance and ambulance cover.
- You agree to abide by any rules and directions by Little House Republic and the Landowner, and You understand that if through Your actions or behaviour, in the opinion of Little House Republic and the Landowner, You breach any of the clauses in these terms and conditions or break any of the rules prescribed by Little House Republic and the Landowner, You may be required to stop the Recreational Activity. You further understand that the Landowner reserves the right to withdraw its consent for You to remain on its property at any time for any reason.
Warranties and Representations
- You warrant and represent to Us that You, together with Your family, friends, guests and any other persons, including any minors, (collectively, “Your Guests”) who will be staying at the Little House the subject of or under the Booking:
a. have carefully read these terms and conditions, and understand there are provisions which affect and limit Your and Your Guests’ legal rights; and
b. have had the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice on, or elect not to obtain such advice having fully understood, the nature, effect and extent of these terms and conditions.
- You also warrant and represent to Us that You have express authority and consent to, and do hereby, accept these terms and conditions, complete the Booking, and enter into this contract on Your own behalf and on behalf of Your Guests.
- You further warrant and represent to Us that You agree to personally INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Little House Republic and the Landowner from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, brought, commenced or initiated by Your Guests or any other persons on whose behalf You have entered into this contract (or have made the Booking), should any of them refuse to accept, comply with or be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This contract shall be governed by the laws of Western Australia and You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts thereof.
- If any clause in this contract becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining clauses of this contract shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
- This contract may only be varied by a document in writing executed by all parties’ authorised representatives.
- You acknowledge and accept the above terms and conditions applying with respect to the Booking and acknowledge having read and understood them. You understand that no other agreement or disclaimer, verbal or otherwise, applies as this contract together with the Little House Republic House Rules contains the entire contract between You and Us.
- You confirm You are over 18 years of age and free to enter into these terms and conditions.
Access to, and use of, this site is provided by Little House Republic subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the site. Little House Republic reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
- You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcasted or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires prior written permission of Little House Republic. You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Little House Republic, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty or any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will Little House Republic be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. Little House Republic does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials. The names, images and logos identifying Little House Republic or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Little House Republic and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or rights under any trademark or patent of Little House Republic, or any other third party.
- Warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to Little House Republic for all the purposes specified above;
- Indemnify Little House Republic against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Little House Republic as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
- Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Little House Republic site and the other purposes specified above.
- You also agree and confirm you:
- Are at least 18 years old or if under 18 have permission from a parent or guardian;
- Own and control the copyright and or interest in the image and content, and it does not infringe any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property of another;
- Have complied with all laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the content;
- Acknowledge statements, remarks or claims by you reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Will not make available any material that includes an image or personal information of another person unless you have their consent;
- Have disclosed any commercial connections or interest you have with Little House Republic or third-party brands or sellers (i.e. you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products or services);
- Will not be paid by Little House Republic for use of your content; and Will contact Little House Republic at www.littlehouserepublic.com.au if you no longer approve of your image or content to be published;
- Little House Republic reserves the right to remove postings that, in the opinion of Little House Republic are false or misleading statements on Little House Republic Products and Services.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on the site relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of this website and therefore should cease using this website immediately.
We are a small WA company trying to use our business as a force for good, by booking with us you support our purpose to make meaningful impact for the local people and the environment, so please be mindful that cancellations impact both us and them hugely. We really appreciate it when guests postpone or transfer their booking rather than cancelling where possible.
However, we do understand that in life things can change. So the following applies –
- Cancellation requests less than 14 days and up to 7 days from check-in time are entitled to a 50% refund minus a $30 admin fee.
- No refunds for cancellations made within 7 days of check-in.
- Free modifications when made greater than 7 days of your arrival date.
- Booking modifications are not permitted within 7 days of your arrival date.